Ananya

Ananya
My explorer...my dream

Thursday 27 November 2008

Do We Have a Right to Live?

It's a big question mark! I thought we have a right for peaceful social life in a country which we inhibit, where we feel duty-bound to contribute to its progress and in as many crude words - where we pay tax to run this country efficiently, uninterruptedly. But hey! I again question my own thinking! Aren't we asking for too much from the system here which is downsized to a puppet with its strings in the hands of people who don't have any feelings for this country. Why!!! That what is a 'right' of the citizens of this country now seems to be a privilege which is available only for those who can avail it by way of influencing the system/machinery.

I am a thoroughbred nationalist/chauvinist or whatever you want to call me but at the same time the biggest critique of this nation today. More so, I am the critique of the system which is running this nation. These are weak hands. Not only weak hands but crippled bodies, paralyzed minds and to top it all emotionless creatures who just don't have time to think of the billions living under this threat and can die anytime, anywhere.

My nationalism goes for a complete toss when I come across such incidents. I start questioning my integrity towards this nation. At times I want to resort to 'Escapist Tendencies' whereby I want to leave this country for a safer habitat and secured future - even though I've pay an exorbitant cost to make it possible. But when I come back to my senses, I still think of my nation. My nation which gave me space to live, freedom to exert and air to breathe. My nation! Am I not being unrealistic? Or am I sounding too artificial? I don't know! Even I am confused. I am not too sure whether I'll be ever leaving my country for any of these stupid reasons but I am sure that if I leave one day, I won't be missed here for the great amount of patriotism that I have. I will certainly not be missed for whatever integrity I show towards this nation. I am sure people of this country will not miss me for my faith in this country.

Then why am I living here? Is is purely for a reason that I am not equipped to do anything anywhere else than India? No! I don't think so. On a serious note I am a great believer in making contributions to the systemic changes and not deal with problems at a superficial level. I don't subscribe to piecemeal solutions. Rather I will give time to great thinking and solve things for better and for ever.

Now is the time for all of us to question our conscience. Do we really have a right to live or we need to fight with our own system to snatch this right and in-turn become barbaric for all such things to come in future.

No comments: